Friday, November 7, 2008

It's dark and I'm not riding & 17 weeks from crash



Got a job which means no time to ride during the day.
No riding in the dark for me. Not yet.
Since I got back on the bike about three weeks ago I have yet to ride in the dark. Even though the Nigthrider MiNewt keeps things bright I don't feel ready to venture out past sunset. Partially because of my new residence and seemingly lack of night friendly roads.

One thing I've learned is that decent riding exists anywhere. It just takes time to scope things out. So I'll gradually find some safe nocturnal rides. I'll be lucky to find night rides similar to those in West LA. During the past four years I managed to rack up many miles in the dark.

Went to the doc yesterday and got more X-rays. Looks like there's some bone knitting and signs of "healing." Not definitive if there will be a bony union as opposed to a fibrous bridge. I'll leave it at that and hope for the best outcome.





No comments: